Note: The following information is lifted from BCA, and is re-produced here for reference only. As this page may not be updated as frequently, you are highly encouraged to check with the authorities for the latest updates and information.
Before a license can be issued for the following signage, a permit for the supporting structure issued under the Building Control (Temporary Buildings) Regulations is required.
- Advertisement signage exceeding 10 metres square that is supported by an advertising structure.
- Advertising structure exceeding 10 metres square, or where the uppermost part of the frame, panel, hoarding, object, support or other type of structure is 4 metres and above from the ground.
Temporary building permit application may be made through CORENET. The application form (BPD_BP09 form) can be found here.
Licence for Signboard(s) or Advertisement Sign(s)
The following are to be submitted upon the issuance of the temporary building permit:
- The copy of the approved temporary building permit
- A cover letter with certification by the PE that the submitted drawings pertaining to the licence application are in compliance to the approved structural plan and the permit number
- Drawings/plans with the certification and endorsement of the Professional Engineer (PE) for :
- The display of banner sign which exceeds 30 metres square.
- Timber / metal bars are used for a banner with area that exceeds 10 metres square.