Note: The following information is lifted from BCA, and is re-produced here for reference only. As this page may not be updated as frequently, you are highly encouraged to check with the authorities for the latest updates and information.

Where required, a Professional Engineer (PE) has to certify on all drawings of the proposed signage that the fixture of the sign is structurally safe. Such certification is required for the following type of proposals:

  • Signage exceeding 10 metres square (excluding banners), and is displayed on an existing advertisement structure that was earlier approved under the Building Control Act.
  • Banners exceeding 10 metres square, and are displayed with bars or rods.
  • Banners exceeding 30 metres square.

(Source: BCA)